2008-12-21

You've Got Mail, my Frequently-Watched-Movie

" Someone you pass on the street may already be the love of your life"

This is the tagline of this amazing movie. I've been watching this for...let me think, fifty or maybe seventy times? Yup, it's quite often. And the last was two days ago. There' something that always makes me crying in the end of the movie when 'over the rainbow' sounds up slowly

What do I love from 'You've Got Mail'? Hmm...maybe because the beautiful scenes of Manhattan's Upper West Side? Or because of the whole natural chemistry between Tom Hanks and America's Sweetheart's Meg Ryan? They seemed to be effortlessly meant to be. Even New York Times said that the two should win Nobel Prize for chemistry. And for those who already watched their three movies together, would absolutely agree.

The part I love most is when they finally arranged a n appointment, in Cafe Lalo, if I'm not mistaken. When they start fighting, then finally Joe Fox moves behind Kathleen, and Kathleen took a mirror but suddenly Joe's face was reflected in that mirror. That's the funniest scene for me. Naughty, irresistible. How could we avoid someone like Joe?

The other thing I like about the movie i the soundtracks. There are several songs, most of them are pretty much well known. Stevie Wonders' Signed, Sealed, Delivered, Harry Nilsson's Over The Rainbow, The Cranberries' Dreams, and the new one of Carole King, Anyone At All.

And as someone who love quotes, I noted some quotations from You've Got Mail. But what Joe said before the ending of the movie is the words which cry me a river. Always. And here they are.

If I hadn't been FoxBooks and you hadn't been the Shop Around The Corner, and you and I had, just you know, met... Yeah. I would have asked for your phone number and I wouldn't have been able to wait 24 hours before calling and asking, "How about coffee, drinks, dinner, a movie, for a long as we both shall live?"

Deeply meaningful, isn't it?

So, folk, what' your FMW? Frequently-Watched -Movie?


No comments:

Post a Comment